Sunday 26 May 2013

A Spanish tortilla morning

I thought I'd attempt to make a Spanish tortilla this morning to get us in the mood for this coming week as we are off to Barcelona! ...although I think the food in Barcelona is slightly different to the traditional Spanish cuisine as it is actually the capital of Catalonia however I think it is influenced by the Spaniad's. I am looking forward to trying all the different food so much as well as the gorgeous weather and exploring the beautiful city. This is the first time I have made one of these and I think it turned out alright - I'm always a bit nervous about the moment of flipping!




















Ingredients
(for 2 individual sized tortilla)
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 white onion, chopped
400g new potatoes, thickly sliced
olive oil
chopped parsley

Heat the olive oil in a pan (or 2 small pans if you are doing individual sized portions) and cook the onion and new potatoes covered with a lid for about 20 minutes or until a knife can be put through the potatoes easily.

Take off the heat and strain the onions and potatoes, saving the oil and juices. Add the potatoes and onions to the beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat the oil again in the pan then add the mixture to the frying pan. When the eggs are almost set use a spatula to scrape around the edges then invert onto a plate and slide back into the pan to cook the other side.

Serve with chopped parsley. These are also really good served cold and I think we are all set now for our trip. Just need to pack now...






No comments:

Post a Comment